contact December 8th, 2013
Summer’s in full swing and there’s only one thing to think about for the moment: staying cool. Here are some suggestions of avoiding over heating.
1. Go to Cherry Beach – Cherry Beach is a “blue flag” beach, meaning, it has been deemed safe and environmentally sound. It’s respected and recognized international eco-label. Find this cool lakeside park at the foot of Cherry Street just south of Unwin Avenue. More info.
2. Go swimming – There are many pools around the greater metropolitan Toronto area. Check them out here.
3. Eat the best gelato in Toronto. ‘nuf said.
4. Go to the movies – movie theatres are cool as cucumbers.
5. Water Slide! – at the Delta Chelsea. You have to be a guest at the hotel, however.
7. Use Common Sense in the heat – Wear light, loose, comfortable cotton clothes; keep yourself hydrated (drink lots of water and natural fruit juices and cold herb teas); avoid overextenuating activity that can cause heat stroke; never leave children or pets inside a car; wear hats and stay in the shade if outdoors; eat light meals.